Wedding planners. If movies and reality TV are to be believed then they’re all stuffy control freaks who are about as charming as a member of the Gestapo. But when did Hollywood ever tell the truth? NEVER. Want proof that super-cool wedding planners exist? Meet my awesome July sponsor Allison Nance of Blessed Events. Not only does she create stunning weddings (Seriously. Check out her portfolio.) but she and her husband have a zombie apocalypse plan. Maybe there’s a side business there…zombie apocalypse planning services. (Damn. That’s actually a rad idea. Too bad I can’t copyright it…) So come on and meet the zombie-ready, love-filled, uber-awesome Allison Nance.
The Same 7 with Allison Nance
1) In 10 words or less tell us what makes you so freakin’ awesome…and don’t be modest. Let ‘er rip.
I’m an honest and genuine gal and lover of love.
2) Did you (or do you currently) have an imaginary friend(s)? If so, tell us a little about him/her/it/them.
When I was in the 3rd-5th grade, I had an imaginary pony. I didn’t ever give him a name, but I took him everywhere with me and he was way cooler than most of the other kids at my school!
3) Do you believe in ghosts?
4) What one thing scares the ever-loving crap out of you more than anything else in the whole wide world?
Windows that don’t have blinds or curtains on them at night. Just at night. I’m such a fan of natural light so I love having open windows and doors during the day, but when it’s time for me to go to sleep, those bad boys had better be shuttered up!
5) Sunrise, sunset, new moon or full moon?
Most definitely sunset. Preferably a sunset with a lot of clouds creating a bunch of pretty colors, somewhere over an ocean or lake. Too much to ask? I think not!
6) If you had to live the rest of your life inside one book or movie, what would it be and why?
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. 19th century England + flowers + self realization + complex but ultimately awesome friends and family? Um, yes please!
7) It’s the zombie apocalypse. The person you love more than anyone, anywhere, ever has been bitten by one of the walking dead. It is inevitable that they will turn into a flesh-eating monster. What do you do?
Having already discussed this scenario with my hubby after watching countless hours of the Walking Dead, we are under a pact to take each other out should one of us become bitten.
Here’s a little space that’s all yours. Do with it what you will. Draw a picture, tell us about a current project, pet peeve, new product, write a haiku about unicorns, recount your bigfoot sighting…you get the idea. It’s all yours.
I am really excited with the success that Blessed Events has had in Houston, and look forward to developing our Destination Wedding capabilities over the next few years. We have already had the privilege of planning weddings in Costa Rica and Mexico, and look forward to our upcoming destination weddings in Guangzhou, New Zealand, and to establishing our presence in Greece and Italy as well!
Kisses & Chaos,
Alli Woods Frederick