Another Thanksgiving has now come and gone. I hope you all enjoyed a day full of love, family, friends & yummy, yummy pumpkin pie. I don’t know about you but no matter how hard I try I always wind up stuffed…which is no easy task when you’re a vegetarian in a family of meat eaters. It involves a lot of fluffy mashed potatoes, stuffing made with veggie broth, boat loads of black olives and pumpkin pie and my favorite appetizer in the world (sorry my dear guacamole), a big ol’ wheel of hot brie cheese topped off with raspberry jam & crackers. I love it sooooooo much. Sooooo much. Get between me and my brie and I will hurt you. Peace and love be damned.
Now, with Thanksgiving behind us, it is time to take a deep breath & relax for 2 seconds before we shift our attention to the next round of holidays. Some of you may be participating in the Black Friday shopping frenzy today and to you I say “Good luck and may the force be with you.” You are far braver than I. I’m not one for chaotic crowds (unless it’s a concert…a girl has to get her rock n’ roll on after all) so I jump on the online sales. Even I’m getting in on the action:
I am offering a Black Friday – Cyber Monday sale here on Kisses & Chaos. My new e-book “52 Doses” is on sale…50% off Black Friday, 40% off Saturday, 30% off Sunday and 20% off on Cyber Monday. Just use the coupon codes below when you checkout.
So what are you doing for your holiday gifts? Shopping? Rocking the heartfelt handmade route? A combination? If you have any super-secret ninja shopping or crafting tips I would love to hear them! One can never have too many super-secret ninja skills, after all.
- Spiced chai tea recipe? Yes please!
- The lovely and amazing Leonie Dawson (formerly Goddess Leonie) has just released her 2015 Create Your Incredible Year Workbook + Planner + Calendar and this year it’s twice as nice with 2 different editions: Life and Business. I’m so excited to dig into the inspiration it’s not even funny.
- Poppytalk’s advent calendar tutorial is simple & modern.
- Oh So Lovely claims to have the recipe for the best cookies ever. Nutella stuffed sea salt chocolate chip cookies? I’m inclined to believe them.
- Speaking of Oh So Lovely, be sure to check out author Stefanie Hiebert’s drool-worthy décor in her feature on A Beautiful Mess.
- Modcloth is having a seriously awesome 50% off sale starting on Black Friday. I’m such a Modcloth junkie. You know I am all over this!
- Do you have a vegetarian in the family? Did you have a hard time accommodating them this Thanksgiving? Get a mega-jump on next year by checking out Going Home To Roost’s ideas for a vegetarian Thanksgiving.
- There are no words to describe these shoes. To say they’re amazing is a massive understatement. I am in lust over these very serious boots from Gasoline Glamour.
- My Owl Barn’s 2013 Owl Lover Calendar kicks ass for the following reasons: 1) it’s all original art featuring owls. 2) it’s completely customizable. 3) it’s 100% free.
- The funniest holiday gift guide ever courtesy of kris atomic.
- I’m pretty sure everyone is familiar with my deep and abiding love of all things Adam Ant…that being said, including this brilliant short film (Ant Muzak about Adam & The Ants grocery shopping) in one of my posts is looooooong overdue.
- If you’ve been curious about EFT (also known as tapping) but weren’t clear on how to go about it, Gala Darling has a video that will walk you through the technique.
Kisses & Chaos,
Alli Woods Frederick