I’M ABOUT to introduce you to Sarah Cornish. She is the genius behind My 4 Hens Photography. Have some insulin handy when you look at the photos on her website. They’re so sweet they’ll put you in a diabetic coma.
AND THAT is a promise. Her photography is soft and cheery – a perfect mirror of her personality. Are you ready? Here comes some serious cuteness…
1) In 10 words or less tell us what makes you so freakin’ awesome…and don’t be modest. Let ‘er rip.
SC – I have a Child-like imagination. Also, I love cheese.
2) Did you (or do you currently) have an imaginary friend(s)? If so, tell us a little about him/her/it/them.
SC – I can’t say currently. I do have a lot of friends that live in my computer though. Do those count?
3) Do you believe in ghosts?
SC – Nope. Well…err..maybe. I believe enough to be creeped out during movies, and to hide under the blankets. I can say without a shadow of a doubt though that I do believe in angels.
4) What one thing scares the ever-loving crap out of you more than anything else in the whole wide world?
SC – Ghosts? Oh, wait. They aren’t real huh? Getting lost. I have no sense of direction.
5) Sunrise, sunset, new moon or full moon?
SC – Sunset because it makes for gorgeous light, and I am after all a photographer. New Moon because it brings new promises. Except for when I want to go into labor. Then I am sure I will fully be embracing the full moon.
6) If you had to live the rest of your life inside one book or movie, what would it be and why?
SC – The notebook. Ryan Gosling.. Need I say more?!
Well that and it is just incredibly gorgeous, and romantic.
7) It’s the zombie apocalypse. The person you love more than anyone, anywhere, ever has been bitten by one of the walking dead. It is inevitable that they will turn into a flesh-eating monster. What do you do?
SC – I become a zombie with him!
Here’s a little space that’s all yours. Do with it what you will. Draw a picture, tell us about a current project, pet peeve, write a haiku about unicorns, recount your bigfoot sighting…you get the idea. It’s all yours.
SC – This is where I feel the need to be say something witty and/or inspirational. Since I am totally addicted to word art though and too graphically challenged to make my own I think a quote from one of my favorite people is in order:
“Make visible what, without you, might perhaps never been seen.”
– Robert Bresson
In other words, this quote says to me that we are all here with a purpose, and our own divine gift of perception. USE it. Share your point of view. You don’t need to be a photographer to do so. Whether you do so with words, pen and paper or a million other creative forms of expression, just lend your own voice. The world needs to see it. There is absolutely nothing more precious than individuality. It is the greatest gift we are given.
And that is my deep thought of the day week (month.)
Love it, Sarah. Thank you for stopping by and thank you for the beautiful quote…it’s exactly why I’m a photographer…