Welcome to the first in my new interview series “The Same 7.” The idea? I ask the exact same 7 questions from various, artists, musicians, actors, directors, writers, life coaches, positivity pioneers, crafters, theologians…you get the idea. So who’s my first victim…erm…I mean, guest? None other than the ever fabulous coaching phenom (and September sponsor) known as Debra Smouse. I have had the extreme pleasure of working with her and her coaching opened my eyes to a whole new world possibilities. She rocks my socks and I’m pretty sure she’ll rock yours too. I now present to you, the fist EVER:
The Same 7
with Debra Smouse
1) In 10 words or less tell us what makes you so freakin’ awesome…and don’t be modest. Let ‘er rip.
I see the shiniest you – even when you can’t yet.
2) Did you (or do you currently) have an imaginary friend? If so, tell us a little about him/her/it.
From the ages of two to around five, a little green man hung out with me. We had tea parties and played with my dolls. My mother took me to the doctor to exorcise this crazy idea and he told her that there was nothing to worry about – that imaginary friends meant I was super intelligent and very creative.
3) Do you believe in ghosts?
I believe that the souls of those who love us never leave us, but are a part of our lives always – even after they’re gone. Just gotta have faith. So. Yes. I believe in ghosts.
4) What one thing scares the ever-loving crap out of you more than anything else in the whole wide world?
Hmmm. I have such a great respect for so many creepies and crawlies – like spiders and snakes and their place in the ecosystem. Most of those things fascinate me. But once, I was cornered by a scorpion in the shower and I never want to be in that position again.
5) Sunrise, sunset or full moons?
Full Moons, baby!
6) If you had to live the rest of your life inside one book or movie, what would it be and why?
To Kill a Mockingbird because the Finch family is so freaking brilliant about life.
7) It’s the zombie apocalypse. The person you love more than anyone, anywhere, ever has been bitten by one of the walking dead. It is inevitable that they will turn into a flesh-eating monster. What do you do?
Gee. My first response was to let him eat me. ;-) Maybe I need to bone up on the Zombie Apocalypse.
Here’s a little space that’s all yours. Do with it what you will. Freestyle, Debra. Freestyle.
People fascinate me. I want to know what makes ‘em tick. Even more, I want to help them discover what truly sets their soul on fire. I want people I come in contact with know that their presence matter in the world. It’s why I coach. Sometimes, folks just need a little help digging out from years of numbing and hiding so they can see the brilliant and beautiful soul they have inside.
By the way, anyone that is considering hiring a coach can get a 20% discount by booking a discovery session and mentioning “I *heart* Alli”. (This is a 20% discount off of any Compass Coaching Plan or the first 3 months of any of my “Full Speed Ahead” Coaching Packages“.
Thanks for playing, Debra! It’s been a pleasure wrapped in a party with sprinkles and marshmallow fluff!