I refuse to make this a review of all the crap on the internet from 2012. That being said, I’ve read a couple of those & realized that I missed 99% of what they were talking about. I’m out of the meme loop & I am above and beyond fine with that. Ok. I confess the ERMERGHERD’s were pretty damn funny. Brian & I spent an entire evening looking them up & laughing our asses off (ERMERGHERD SKERSGERD!)…and I did get completely annoyed by those f’in Marilyn memes, but aside from those two exceptions I remain blissfully unaware of them. I have never been one to pay much attention to popular media.
So instead of a yearly roundup I give you all sorts of new link-y goodness for you to peruse & enjoy. Happiest of Happy New Year’s, kids. I lurves ya!
- Bob Hope & Katherine Hepburn did a movie together?!?!?!? How did I, lover of all things Bob, not know this? I came across it while looking Turner Classic Movies rare movie section, The Vault Collection. I am sooooo adding this to my shopping list. Hell yes.
- So my honey & I have been talking about buying a house, which is only completely intimidating. Needless to say I was happy when I stumbled across this first time home buyer’s guide on HGTV’s site. It walks you through the home buying process step by step, which totally helped quell my anxiety.
- Guinea Pigs are so freakin’ adorable…and don’t even get me started on those funny little noises they make. CUTE!
- I wrote 52 Doses with the belief that we can change our thoughts & learn to be happier…and numerous studies agree. Kick ass.
- I think I’m going to give my closet a makeover by following this plan to purge.
- I’ve been coming across a lot of comments on other sites about political correctness & cultural appropriation which led me to google “I’m sick of political correctness.” That’s when I came across this post. What do you think? Are we becoming a culture of thin-skinned wimps? Do we need to toughen up or does political correctness create a kinder society?
- Have you ever wanted style advice from Dita Von Teese? Now you can get it. Read Dita’s words of fashion wisdom here.
- Want to make your dull winter skin glow but can’t afford the price tag that comes along with a spa visit? Gala Darling teaches you how to make your own pumpkin facial peel. I’ll be testing this recipe tonight.
- Andrea over at the Creative Dream Incubator talks about chasing your dream while dealing with haters.
- Did you miss The Walking Dead’s Christmas Special? Yes. That’s what I said. A Zombie Christmas special…because Little Links O’ Love wouldn’t be the same without zombies.
- This week we’ll close with something sentimental: Steve Martin & Bernadette Peters singing “You Belong To Me.” Not only is this song 100% sweet, but Steve Martin was one of my first crushes (he came after Bob Hope, so I must have been about 3 or 4 years old) & my honey & I danced to it at our wedding. Awwwwwwwwww.
Holiday Kisses & Merry Chaos,
Alli Woods Frederick