SPRING is finally here and it’s the last day of the month and we all know what that means. Well…we know what that means when I actually remember it’s the end of the month, which is, admittedly, hit or miss. It can’t be helped. I’m a magpie. I get distracted easily by shiny things. Why do you think Kisses & Chaos is all over the map. I mean ghosts, fashion, science, long rants, photography, trivia…yup…magpie.
What was I saying? (see…)
Oh yeah! It’s time for a new edition of Postscript! So before I get distracted by another random tangent, let’s get down to it.
FRIED EASTER DELICACIES AND THE DEATH OF CADBURY
* Are you ready? Deep Fried Cadbury Cream Eggs. (Thanks, Kathleen for bringing this recipe to my attention, my mouth f’ing loves you…my soon to be expanding ass, however, feels differently.)
* While we’re on the subject of Cadbury, Hershey won a lawsuit which resulted in the banning of imported UK Cadbury chocolate of any kind. For those of you who have ever had English Cadbury then you understand my pain. This is a travesty. So if you come across any UK Cadbury grab it while you can. (And you can always feel free to send it to me if you find you’ve bought more than is necessary or practical…just sayin’.) Oh…and Screw Youuuuuuuuuuu, Hershey.
* I found this article about couples’ sleeping styles and what it means about their relationships interesting (although some were left out – like one of my ex’s who would only “allow” our feet to touch for a few minutes before he pulled away. And before you ask, yes he had some major issues. There’s a reason he’s an ex. *wink*).
* As though I really need another excuse to visit the UK, now there’s an interactive city wide zombie game called 2.8 Hours Later: Ruin that tours the country and the outbreak is about to begin. The first is April 11 in Birmingham. This is the most brilliant version of capture the flag EVER. I will be planning my next trip around this, to be sure. Brilliant.
:: 2.8 HOURS LATER TRAILER ::
* A Beautiful Mess has a wonderful tutorial on how to make your own bath bombs. Sorry, Lush. I love your bath bombs with a mad, flaming passion but I’d starve to death if I used them as often as I like. This is a fantastic solution. Long live DIY.
* ‘What If I Don’t Know What I Want’ from Gala Darling hits the nail on the head (this is precisely what I’ve been going through).
* A sewing e-course? I think I may need to do this. I haven’t sewn using a pattern since the purple octopus pillow I made in 7th grade home ec class and I could really use a refresher. (And yes, I still have the pillow)
* Sarah tells us how to create a champagne life on a lemonade budget and it’s easier than you think.
* I am flirting impaired. Not only do I suck at it, but I am oblivious when I am being flirted with…at least so I’ve been told because…you know…oblivious. Enter Veronica Varlow’s ‘Flirt Alert! How To Flirt – 3 Tips From A Burlesque Performer.’ Much of this seems a bit over the top to me, but then I suck at flirting, so what do I know. My idea of flirting is to blush furiously, stare at my feet, avoid eye contact and run away if my crush approaches. Look out ladies. I’ll steal your man (with the help of duct tape and chloroform because God knows it won’t be with my womanly charms *wink*). Ha!
What were your favorite odds and ends from around the interweb this month? Share them in the comments below. I’m always in need of new readings and new sites/blogs/etc, so please share with the rest of the class.
Here’s to April. May it be better than March. (Seriously, because my March was the suckiest suck in all of suck town.)
Kisses & Chaos,
Alli Woods Frederick
PS – Tomorrow is Mischa’s 16th birthday! So feel free to share your birthday wishes for him on Facebook or Instagram (use the hashtag #HappyBirthdayMischa). He could really use the extra love and attention (he loves love and attention) with his health being so touch and go and I promise I will make sure he not only sees each and every one, but writes a thank you note as well (we’re big on etiquette around here).
IMAGES :: ASHES. ASHES. WE ALL FALL DOWN :: © OH BITE IT :: 2.8 HOURS LATER :: © MILES ALDRIDGE ::